Intro to Windows 8 Training - Atlanta, GA
7 Hours, 1 Day
In this course, you will explore Windows 8.1 and learn how to create documents, send email, browse the Internet, and share information between applications and with other users.
Please bring your laptop to this class (or let us know if we need to provide one for you).
• Get to know PCs and the Windows 8.1 user interface.
• Use Windows Store apps and navigation features.
• Work with Desktop applications.
• Use Internet Explorer 11.
• Customize the Windows 8.1 environment.
• Use Windows 8.1 security features.
Can't attend our public classes? Want us to bring training to your site? We offer training for groups of as few as 4 people. We've provided training for employees of some of the largest companies in the United States. Contact us or call 770.498.7333 for details.
Windows 8 Training - Expect
Getting to Know PCs and the Windows 8.1 User Interface
- Identify Components of a Personal Computer
- Sign In to Windows 8.1
- Navigate the Start Screen
Using Windows Store Apps and Navigation Features
- Access and Identify the Charms
- Windows Store Apps and Common Navigation Features
- Multitask with Apps
Working with Desktop Applications
- Navigate the Desktop
- Manage Files and Folders with File Explorer
- Elements of a Desktop Window
- Create and Modify Files with Desktop Applications
Using Internet Explorer 11
- Navigate Internet Explorer 11
- Browse the Web
- Use Internet Explorer 11 on the Desktop
Customizing the Windows 8.1 Environment
- Customize the Start Screen
- Customize the Desktop
Using Windows 8.1 Security Features
- Set Privacy Levels and Passwords
- Use Windows Defender
- Store and Share Files with SkyDrive
computer based training
- 1 Training
- Real world
This course is intended for new computer users who want to use the basic tools and features of Windows 8.1. No particular prerequisite skills are required, but any previous exposure to personal computers and the Internet is helpful.
for the entire course.
Sessions of Windows 8- Atlanta, GA and Online
To find out the next session, contact us (please
click here), email training AT
probiztechnology DOT COM or call
Easy Ways to Register
or Money Order:
the form, fax it to
us, and mail it in with your check or money order.
mailed payments must be received 3 business days before class.
form - MS Word format - Click here.
form - Adobe pdf format - Click here.
card - online:
Enter the amount below
to pay via PayPal's secure server using your credit card.
- Want to know when
the next class
- Interested in 1-on-1
- Want us to bring
To contact us please
click here, email training AT
probiztechnology DOT COM or call
helps business professionals use technology to save time, lower costs
and increase profits. She provides business technology workshops,
customized software training, and Access database solutions. She has
taught programs for hundreds of business owners, the Small
Business Development Center (GSU), Small Business Administration
(Atlanta), Women's Economic Development Agency, Georgia Center for
/ Cancellation Policy:
cancels class, students will be issued a full refund. If a student
cancels registration, at lease one week prior to class, instructor will
issue a refund less $20 or 15% administrative fee, whichever is
greater. No refunds will be issued
if student cancels within a week of class; student will be issued a
credit good for 90 days.
Contact us for more info. >